It rained all night last night and has been sprinkling on and off throughout the morning…
And since the ground was nice and wet the critters seemed to be out in abundance. The hunt began for slugs…aka chicken food!
These are the newest addition to the Nature For Kids entertainment…an Americana and a Silver Laced Wyandotte, our backyard chickens, who you’ll get to know better in the future.
The kids love to find worms and all kinds of goodies and lay them out on leaves for the chickens to eat up. They line the food up like an all you can eat buffet!
I LOVE days like this…when I can breathe deep and almost drink the rain-fresh air. Everything looks clean and rejuvenated. Our strawberries and cherry tree have been drinking up the rain and sunshine. The new fruit is coming along nicely…
We were sent the ShedRain Windpro umbrella to test out and share with you guys here. It’s treated with Teflon fabric protector to keep water, dirt and everything else out.
We’ve used it for soccer games and other rainy/sunny outings and it’s proven to be really durable and fast drying. And lucky for you WE’RE GIVING ONE AWAY!
1. leave a comment here telling us your most memorable rainy day activity.
2. earn an extra chance at winning by sharing this giveaway on facebook and leave a second comment here telling us you did.
This giveaway ends Sunday May 19th. For US residents only.
Latest posts by Shawna (see all)
- St. George, Utah | Where To Stay And Play + Vacation Giveaway - June 21, 2016
- The Swurfer – A Crazy Fun Stand Up Swing + Exclusive Coupon Code - June 8, 2016
- Rock Cactus – A Simple Nature Craft For Kids - May 27, 2016