Our daughter has a friend that is a wiz when it comes to animals. When she comes over to play I won’t let her come in the house until she tells me a random fact about an animal. Seriously I learn something new every time she rings the doorbell. It’s a quirky and pretty awesome talent.
If you’d like to become the master of random animal facts in your neighborhood you should take a peek at this rad book:
Written by Stacy Tornio and Ken Keffer
It was our main entertainment at the dinner table the other night. Here’s a couple random facts that stood out to us while eating our chicken and green beans…
- Moose are very comfortable in the water. They feed on plants underwater and can remain underwater for 30 seconds or more.
- Another name for elk is wapiti, which means white rump.
- During incubation, the eggs of alligators are determined to be male or female by the temperature! If it’s below 86 degrees, the hatchlings will be female. If it’s above 91 degrees, they will be males.
We love the illustrations by Rachel Riordan. Each one complements the other. There’s a couple in particular that I think are frame worthy!…
(I’m a sucker for the Teton Mountains)
This book is just another way to take an experience outdoors and add upon it with more knowledge. We have an elk farm near our home. Now with our random knowledge of Elk it’s fun to go by and say, “Hey kids say hi to the wapiti!” 🙂
Enter to win this book along with a free pair of Keens and a T-shirt! And here’s an added fun part…whoever wins gets to choose a friend to send a book and t-shirt to as well!
Latest posts by Shawna (see all)
- Nordic Valley Ski Resort Up and Running - December 16, 2017
- St. George, Utah | Where To Stay And Play + Vacation Giveaway - June 21, 2016
- The Swurfer – A Crazy Fun Stand Up Swing + Exclusive Coupon Code - June 8, 2016