We’re BAAACK! Our family experiment of going screen free for a week is over and we wanted to give you a glimpse of what it was like. Here’s a video recap…
This isn’t the first time we’ve gone screen free. Each year we like to do it as sort of a reboot for our family. Here’s a visual recap of one of our past screen free weeks.
Coming back to reality I immediately did two things… First, turned off all the facebook, Instagram and other unneccesary notifications on my phone. Second canceled Netflix. We’ve never had cable television but used Netflix to fill that void. Throughout the week we realized we didn’t really miss it but I personally used it too much along with our two youngest kids. Hoping our daily productivity should increase or at least not be interrupted as often now.
Here’s what we noticed throughout our week long experience:
- We went to bed on time.
- Listened to a lot of music
- Read a lot more
- Enjoyed being in the kitchen
- Our bathrooms have never been cleaner
- The sibling squabbles were minimized.
- The first few days I heard this a lot, “I’m bored”
- I caught myself automatically flipping through Instagram and pinterest on my phone. I had to remind myself to shut it down. (didn’t realize how mechanical I’ve become about it.)
- One whole room in our house is dedicated to the tv and computer. It was quite empty throughout the week. We spent most of our time in the kitchen, front sitting room or in the backyard.
- I felt like I saw our kids more. Really looked at their faces more and honestly I listened better.
NOW WE CHALLENGE YOU TO A SCREEN FREE WEEK! We’d love to hear about your observations! Here is a free printable we whipped up that has a list of alternative activities you can do for when those “I’m bored” moments hit. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Shawna (see all)
- St. George, Utah | Where To Stay And Play + Vacation Giveaway - June 21, 2016
- The Swurfer – A Crazy Fun Stand Up Swing + Exclusive Coupon Code - June 8, 2016
- Rock Cactus – A Simple Nature Craft For Kids - May 27, 2016